Your trip to Rome can either be magnificent or a nightmare. Rome is one of the most visited cities in Europe, and before you go, you should do a bit of research. You need to prepare for this vast, crowded, beautiful city. I’m here to give you a survival guide consisting of 20 tips for your visit to Rome.
20 tips for your visit to Rome
- Beware of pickpockets.
- Don’t drive.
- Be careful as a pedestrian.
- Book tickets to major sites ahead of time.
- Prepare for the extreme heat in the summer
- Carry euros. Not all places accept credit cards.
- Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain, to ensure your return.
- Wear comfortable shoes
- If you can, visit Rome in the fall. The temperature and thinning crowds are perks of autumn.
- Choose restaurants away from major tourist sites (Prix-fix/tourist menus have the worst food in Rome).
- Water and bread may be an extra cost at most restaurants. Check the price before consuming.
- Cool off at the Ice Club Roma.
- Talk to the locals, they will most likely be friendly, and they give the best suggestions.
- Don’t wear gym clothes. Need help picking out clothes?
- Visit the Colosseum as soon as it opens to avoid the crowds
- Use the public fountain to cool off or drink. The locals do!
- Learn a few key phrases in Italian; it goes a long way.
- Try a cappuccino or espresso. Don’t wimp out and order cafe americano.
- Enjoy the city in the evening. Rome is dazzling at night.
- Pace yourself. You can’t see everything on your first trip (hope you threw that coin in the Trevi Fountain).
Looking for a guide that helps you figure out what to see, do, eat, and wear in Rome. Don’t worry I got you covered. Click on the link below to get a complete guide that will make your trip to Rome an unforgettable experience!